From Istaria Lexica
Blight Hounds are found in the Staging Grounds. Two or so always accompany Fafnir the Defiler while it makes its rounds. While they can be found entirely along the path between Harro and the Staging Grounds, they are primarily found closer to the Staging Grounds near the Thornwood Treants.
- Delgarath Militia Unsung Heroes: For the Empire
- Delgarath Militia Unsung Heroes: Help Jatell
- Imperial Army: Protect Harro From A New Menace
- Aura of Blight
- Critical Strike V
- Iron Body
- Melee Flurry III
- Multistrike IV
- Stunning Strike
Bipeds solo guide
- Your main task is to hold against their very high damage output.
- Have at least 3800 hitpoints to fight them comfortable enough.
- Their main damage output is based on Slash. Use Armor based gear and get your resists / wards up accordingly.
- Ensure you pull the hounds to a safe spot. A good one is right above the Eastern Deadlands crafting centers on a
hillside plateau, at 28395/24076.
- Use a major healing class - Healer or Cleric. You need their extra healing spells and abilities.
- Use Heal over Time spells / abilities, such as Regrowth, Aura of Health
- Use life leeches like Syphon, Theft of Life, Soul Link. This damages them while you're being healed.
- Use life leeching weapons, such as the Demonogii, Bloodthorn Bow or Valkor's Blood Talon
- Avoid the Aura of Blight by dispelling it. Use healing spells having the Spell: Cleanse tech or abilities like Detoxify Self. This lowers their damage output while you need to heal less and can do more damage inbetween.
- On the first few hits against you, the hounds may combine Melee Flurry and Critical Strike. While the strikes do 1000+ damage as a single hit, the flurry adds quadruple-hits for the next few strikes. If you've got access to Spirit Walk you should use it on every pull. So you're able to take the first critical strike without healing issues afterwards.
- Hounds are very hard to hit on melee/range attacks due to dodge and evades but not to spells. Using Spirit Bolt or Improved Spirit Bolt hits almost every time and does decent damage.
- Use Potions and Scrolls to push up your resists/hitpoints/armor. You will want to use a damage shield potion, ex. Shield of Spirit to do some additional dps on them. Of course Cloak of Thorns and Spiked Scales work pretty good, too.
|Blight Hound's special loot|