From Istaria Lexica
Welcome to the Istaria Companion Documentation page.
Istaria Companion is basically a log file parser for Istaria - Chronicles of the Gifted. Companion offers you some nice features delivering information about your play style and contains some tools to make life easier in Istaria and Istaria Lexica.
Please read the 'getting started' section carefully!
Istaria Companion only works with 64bit systems. You'll need at least Windows 7 installed to be able to run it.
|Download:||Istaria Companion V 1.4.8|
Getting started / Installing
NOTE: If you want to update Istaria Companion, ensure all Companions are closed prior to starting the installation procedure.
NOTE: If you're running a second Companion on your computer, the update feature added in version 1.4.0 and above won't work on the second install. You'll need to copy the first install manually into the second install, please follow this guide to do so.
- After downloading, start the install program.
- Antivirus software may warn about a possible threat. This is a false warning.
- User Account Control may ask you if you want to allow the execution, please confirm by pressing 'Yes'.
- Accept the license agreement, press 'Next'.
- On the following dialog you won't need to change the directory in most cases. DO NOT choose Istaria's directory there! Press next when done. (This dialog is not shown when you upgrade an already existing version)
- If you want it to, let the installer create a shortcut onto your Desktop, leave the checkbox checked in that case. Press 'Next'.
- Press 'Install'.
- Press 'Finish'.
- Start the Program for the first time. If the program fails to start and shows an error, please read here...
- Companion asks you to choose the Istaria installation folder. Press 'Choose..' and browse to the folder you've installed Istaria into. Usually this is at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria
- Confirm by pressing the 'OK' button.
- Companion now starts and begins parsing your Istaria log file
- Start Istaria and log in
- Open the options window
- Select the 'Advanced' folder
- check the 'Chat Logging' and 'Simple Combat Feedback' options. This enables the chat text log file and abbreviates your combat messages in chat, which the parser requires to be able to work correctly.
- Confirm by pressing the 'OK' button
- Now Istaria Companion should work fine.
Features and guides / details about functions
- Overview of the DPS Parser
- Overview of LootPing
- Overview of AbilitySpy
- Overview of QuestSpy
- Overview of SipSpy
- The preferences dialog
- The main menu
- The tools menu
- The backup feature
- How to install more than one Companion
- Common problems and fixes
Version history / Release notes
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.8 (05/23/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.7 (04/23/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.6 (03/30/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.5 (03/23/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.4 (03/10/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.3 (02/22/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.2 (02/11/2020)|
If you reset LootPing item-counters, they were not stored. So after starting Companion again you'd see the old values. This has been fixed.
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.1 (02/11/2020)|
Enhancements / Fixes:
|Istaria Companion V 1.4.0 (02/07/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.3.0 (01/17/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.2.3 (01/14/2020)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.2.2 (12/29/2019)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.2.1 (12/22/2019)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.2.0 (12/08/2019)|
|Istaria Companion V 1.1.0|
|Istaria Companion V 1.0.0|