Valkor The Impaler
From Istaria Lexica
|Valkor The Impaler|
Valkor The Impaler is found in Land of the Exiled.
He was once a revered member of the Paladin Order. Captured by the Withered Aegis along with his wife, both were tortured, and eventually his wife died. Valkor, upon seeing his beloved wife's death, vowed eternal vengeance upon Torrin Macalir and the rest of the Withered Aegis. Torrin then began to torture Valkor with magic, which warped and twisted Valkor's body, nearly destroying him. It instead turned him into a specter of death with a terrible thirst for the life force of others.
Valkor The Impaler is a Greater Epic that patrols inside Valkor's Blood Palace near in Land of the Exiled. The Land of the Exiled is filled with Fallen Paladins and Death Hounds. The entrance to Valkor's Blood Palace is guarded by the Dark Stalker and two (2) Shadow Hounds. Inside the Palace Valkor The Impaler is found followed by a couple of Death Guards.
- (Daily) Kill One Greater Epic Boss
- (Weekly) Kill Greater and Lesser Bosses
- Earn Title: 1st Valkor the Impaler
- Earn Title: 2nd Valkor the Impaler
- Earn Title: 3rd Valkor the Impaler
- Earn Title: 4th Valkor the Impaler
- Land of the Exile: Vengeance
- Area Syphon
- Bare Soul V
- Blood Bolt V
- Blood Drain
- Boil Blood
- Concentrate Blood III
- Constrict Blood III
- Coordinated Spirit Bolt X
- Ethereal Leech VI
- Ethereal Paroxysm V
- Instant Transfer VI
- Multicast IV
- Soul Seed V
- Soul Shield V
- Stop Blood
- Syphon X
- Vampiric Bats
- Vitae Channel III
Upon spawning Valkor The Impaler casts Multicast IV and Perfect Spell and once he's aggroed he will use Vampiric Bats with those buffs, meaning that they are unavoidable and mostly unsurvivable. In Valkor The Impaler's palace spawn Blood Urns which heal him and boost the damage of Vampiric Bats.
- Group needs at least 1 Healer, 1 person who will brake the Blood Urns and one person who will sacrifice at the begining of the fight and 2 other fighters.
- Before the fight, the person who will be breaking Blood Urns needs to go position themselves at one of the Blood Urns. It is also useful to have a '/sne Blood Urn' macro. Spamming the macro tells you whenever an urn has spawned and you can run to the direction given at the target window.
- The rest of the group waits at the bottom of the stairs.
- At the beginning of the fight 'the Sacrifice' goes in and attacks Valkor The Impaler, they most likely die to Multicasted Vampiric Bats. The Sacrifice can use Gift of Fate prior so they get insta-rezed after the insta-kill. Other players can concentrate on engaging Valkor then.
- As soon as 'the Sacrifice' dies the rest of the group runs in and the person who is breaking the Blood Urns starts breaking them.
- From there the fight goes as expected, but Blood Urns must be destroyed upon respawn to prevent Vampiric Bats getting to powerful.
Dos and don'ts
- Do make a hotkey with '/sne Blood Urn' command.
- Do make a hotkey for the Urn Hammer.
- Do have a backup person with Urn Hammers.
- Do prepare sufficient Urn Hammers. Four (4) fully charged ones should always be enough.
- Don't fight Valkor The Impaler near or on the stairs to his palace. This will make him run away! Always stay in the middle of the arena so the Urn Hammer player is not catched by Vampiric Bats.
- Don't forget about the Dark Stalker while waiting under the stairs.
|Valkor The Impaler's special loot|